Thursday, March 20, 2014

March 5, 2014... The day before you were born.


Dear Annie, today was a strange, strange day. Your dad and I woke up, and your dad had to go straight to work. I decided to go walk around the Provo Temple to get moving with my big 31.5 week pregnant belly. I walked around the temple four times with a break in the middle to use the restroom. 

When I got home, I got ready for the day so I could take Ruby to the Vet. As I started getting ready, I was feeling crampy and light headed. I just thought that I may be needing more water. When I took Ruby to the vet, I wasn’t feeling any better. I started to get cramps in my stomach and lower back. 

When I got home, I was helping your Grandma Janie prepare for a baby shower she was throwing at her house for a neighbor. As I started to help, I knew there was something wrong. I went to the bathroom and noticed I had a little bit of blood and the cramping was not fun. I decided to call the doctors to see if I should be concerned. The nurse said I should be fine but if it got any worse, to call back. 

A few hours past, and I wasn’t getting any better and the cramps were getting worse. I called the nurse back and they told me that I was probably going into preterm labor and to get to the Hospital right then.  I went and grabbed your dad, told him we had to go to the hospital and off we went! Not gonna lie Annie, I was pretty nervous. I was nervous because I wanted everything to be okay and know that you’d be okay. 

We checked into the hospital on the fourth floor of the Utah Valley Hospital. They started checking me and put and I.V in my hand. It took them EIGHT times to get that darn I.V. in my arm. When they finally got it in, I was so relieved!


I kept having contractions and I could hear your heart beat because they hooked up a machine that we could do so. After every contraction though, your heart rate would go down. I also had more amniotic fluid than usual which made the doctors very curious as to why your heart rate was low and why I had excess amounts of amniotic fluid. It scared me so much and I wanted you to be okay. I needed everything to be okay. They decided they were going to get a sonographer for Thursday morning to check your heart, lungs, brain and everything. That night I barely slept. Your dad slept on the couch next to me and hoped that he was getting good rest. Every hour I would wake up and look at your daddy and think to myself, "I love this man..." I wanted to try and get some good rest but it was too hard with thinking about if you were going to be okay or what these next 48 hours had in store for me, daddy AND you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment