Monday, March 24, 2014

March 24th, 2014 - We got to kiss your forehead!

Dear Annie,

Your daddy and I came to see you this evening and we were able to kiss your sweet little forehead! The nurse was cleaning you up so she had the incubator top off so we were able to see you so much better! It made your daddy and I SO HAPPY to see you! I kissed your forehead one too many times but I just couldn't get enough! I also got to change your diaper and it was definitely full! You sure knew mommy was going to change your diaper and made it pretty gross! But I didn't mind! Parents usually don't like to change their kids diapers. But Annie, me being able to change your diaper makes me feel more and more like your mother. I've only been able to change it 3 times now and it makes your mama so happy every time:)

The physical Therapists also got little inserts for your hands so your thumbs are actually not glued to your hands! We are hoping that through time, they'll be able to open up fully.
Before the nurse put the top of the incubator, your started to tense up and I saw tears come out of those little eyes of yours. You started moving around and I could not help but cry. Seeing tears come down your face is so hard for me to see. Your little eyes wanted to open up so bad and you kept trying but you couldn't get them open. But those little tears were just glued to your eyelids and I just wanted to hold and rock you. The nurse then put the top of the incubator on and it was as if I was saying goodbye to you. But I just put my hand trough the little insert and held your little foot in my hand and watched you calm down and sleep for 30 minutes.






I hate every time I have to say bye to you but it comes everyday. You looked so beautiful and peaceful. Your daddy and I both said bye to you and said how much we love you.
We pray for you all the time, everyday Annie girl. The love your daddy and I have for you, there aren't any words to describe. I love you so much sweetheart. Sleep well:)

Love, mommy.


(extra pictures from days I didn't post). 

They had to put a brains monitor on your head for the fourth time last Thursday to check again to see if you were seizing. They didn't find anything. Hopefully you're doing okay babies!







Family picture:) You're a little blurred out! :( but many more to take in years to come! <3

4 comments:

  1. We pray for you everyday too, Little One, and we pray for your good parents. More than once have tears come to our eyes as we have contemplated the challenges that you and they will face as you grow and get stronger. I hope that one day you will be able to march right up to me and kick your Uncle Phil right in the knee when I say something smart ass that bugs you. You have been born to good-hearted and capable parents. If I was going on what could be a tough journey, I'd want at least one of them with me; AND YOU GOT BOFF EM!!! Lucky Little Girl! See you soon, sweetie pie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess. This made me cry. You and your husband are so strong-what amazing examples! Annie is so sweet and precious. What a little angel. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet post jess! I need to come up and see annie! You guys are wonderful parents. Praying for little Annie! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! We are praying for little Annie!

    ReplyDelete