Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Recovery

Dear Annie,

It has definitely been a week of recovery for you. You definitely have been pretty sedated for the most part. And with that, you haven't been doing much breathing on your own, which I totally understand. I'm just hoping that once you are fully recovered, and off the meds, you will begin to start breathing again. You haven't been having as frequent of episodes which is great! You have been having around 3-7 each day. But we aren't sure if it's because you are more sedated. Last week after your surgery, you were starting to swell up pretty bad and your poor little head was so so swollen:( They gave you this medicine called "Lasiks" to help and it definitely helped!

Prettiest little girl I ever did see!

Obsessed with your cute little feet! I just want to kiss them all the time!!

Last week when they put the trach in, the doctors told us after that your jaw is so clenched down that they probably wouldn't be able to even put a breathing tube down your throat anymore because they wouldn't be able to get it in your mouth. I started thinking and getting a little worried about that and about when you start teething; how badly that would hurt if you were clenched down so hard that you would start bleeding with your teeth digging in your gums. I shared my concern with the Nurse and Doctors and asked if Botox may be an option. They hadn't thought about that yet. But as the started thinking about it, they thought it would be a good idea to consider.

As you now have your Trach and G-tube for a week, they did the first trach change today. I got a phone call this morning at 7:30 and it was the ENT Doctor telling me that the trach change went well except for one thing... you have super bad skin breakdown on your poor neck. He said it was pretty bad and that they were going to get the wound Doctors to take a look at it to see what they though we should do. We were expecting you to have a little skin break down because your sweet little neck is so small. But when I got to the hospital today, the Doctor began to talk to me about it and actually showed me pictures of it. I began to cry. I honestly didn't expect the skin breakdown to be that bad. You have one on each side of your neck. Both are 1cm deep, and about an inch to an inch and a half wide. Oh Annie, I am so sorry. There have been so many darn things that you have had to bare and as those sores look so painful, I wish that I could take that pain away from you. The doctor assured me that they would give you pain medicine for it and that the wound doctors would be able to heal it, but it would take time.

You know how I told you about the Botox? Yeah, they injected you with it in your sweet little cheeks today. I made SURE that they put numbing creme on you before. I don't want you to think of life as pokes and I.V's. So whenever they can give you numbing creme, I assure them that they HAVE to use it! You did SUPER well with the Botox! Pretty sure you are probably one of the youngest person to have botox injected in you! I sure do hope and pray it helps your little muscles relax! This was more of a trial run this time to see if it helps/works. And if it does, we will get the Ocupational Therapist involved to see what muscles we could put it in to help you relax more.

Countless little pricks on both of your heels to get blood :( Saddest thing..

Annie, I hope that you aren't feeling any pain. I can't handle thinking of you being in pain. It has definitely been a rough journey in life for you so far. With heal pricks countless times each week, shots, I.V.'s, suctioning out your nose and mouth several times an hour, and having episodes of not being able to breathe... you are such a fighter! You are so brave! I honestly don't know anyone who is as brave as you! And you know what? You are SUCH an example to me! You told your Heavenly Father that you would accept this body! You just wanted to come down here to earth to receive a body. And you did! Your example, even though it's different than an example someone could be for going on a mission, making someone cookies, or being the Relief Society President, it is the example that SO many of us need! You're calling in life I know, is to wake people up! I know you are trying to tell people to repent and be the best you can be so we can all live with our family and friends forever. You probably know the plan of salvation better than all of us! And how grateful everyone is for that example you are! So thank you Annie. Thank you for being so amazing. You are such a blessing. You are such a fighter. You are someone everyone remembers in their prayers. From age 2, to age 100... We are all praying for you Sweet Annie! You have brought your dad and I so much happiness and so much closer to our Heavenly Father. And I know many others. You sleep well Annie Lynn. Mommy will see you tomorrow. And I will be telling you the story, "Little Red Riding Hood". I've been telling you stories the past two days and you LOVE IT. I know it because you just stare into my eyes and listen to my voice. I tell you all of the stories that my dad told me when I was little. Yesterday was "Jack and the Beanstalk", today was "Goldie Locks and the Three Bears", and tomorrow will be "Little Red Riding Hood"! So be ready! :) I love you so much Annie-Buds! Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!

Love,

Mommy





Sleeping Beauty!

Holding Daddys's hand :)








1 comments:

  1. Jess she is Beautiful!!! hugs and prayers, kimmie & family

    ReplyDelete