Saturday, April 26, 2014

New Room, Bathing, and holding you:)

Dear Annie,

It's been five days since I last wrote you. There have been a few changes this past week! First off, they put a poor little I.V. in your head for a couple of days because it was the only place they could find a vain. It was the saddest thing to see. The nurses reassured me that it wasn't painful but I still was very concerned. It made me sad seeing it in your head a wishing they could have done it in at least your hand or foot. The reason they had to put an I.V. in you is because, your blood pressure was pretty high and they needed to stabilize it. They gave you medicine for a few days to help your blood pressure and it helped! Your blood pressure is just fine and dandy now :)

Your poor little I.V. in your sweet little head.

Even though they had an I.V. in your head, I naturally had to keep putting cute little Girlie Glue Bows in your hair:)



Another change that you had was, they moved you into a different room. I guess they were trying to keep certain children with certain problems in the same room and that happened to be in the room that you were in. So now you are in another room where there is much more noise. Annie, you HATE the noise! You just love that incubator shut where no noise can disrupt your sleep :). Your cute little face has been so much more relaxed this past week since they started giving you the tegretol. The tegretol has definitely been helping your episodes and instead of having 40-70 a day, you're having 20-14 a day which is a HUGE improvement! They have been slowly giving it to you and have been going up on the dose every four days. You're finally at the full dose so they'll be giving you that same dose each day. I just hope and pray that there will be miracles that will happen with you. I pray that this medicine will be able to fully dissolve these episodes and spells of yours. I know that our Heavenly Father is keeping a close eye on you sweet heart. He will never leave you astray.

Last night, your dad and I couldn't get up to see you until later in the evening. We didn't get up to the Hospital until around 10:30pm. Boy was that a good choice! I got to give you a bath and your daddy and I both got to hold you!! Oh the joy that I had to get to hold you! It was the third time that I've been able to hold you and your dad's second. How grateful I was to be able to hold you! You were so relaxed too! I think you love being held by your mommy and daddy:) Before we held you, I gave you a bath. Oh goodness... you were the cutest little thing! Whenever you get bathed, you automatically cross your cute little feet. It is the cutest little thing! We think you are just trying to cover up :) Good job Annie;) Way to be modest!:)

It was such a wonderful evening and I was so blessed to have had the opportunity to give you a little sponge bath and hold you. You are the most beautiful little girl Annie-buds:) I am so grateful for the opportunity and privilege I have to be your mother! You are the perfect little daughter and you are perfect for your dad and I. You are such a blessing and I thank Heavenly Father every day that he sent you down to us. You have been the blessing and example that we needed in our lives. You were the missing piece to our puzzle. You are one strong little fighter. Everyday I am amazed at all of the things you go through. There is no way anyone could go through these struggles and trials that you are going through right now. How grateful I am for your sweet little spirit and for the comfort you bring me. I love you so much Annie. I cannot wait for the day that I can hopefully bring you home! Sleep well my little one. I love you.

Love,

Mommy

Giving you a bath!

You don't seem that happy that I'm scrubbing your sweet little body!

Naked little Annie:)

Your crossed feet!

Sweetest Picture:)


Holding You:)

In love with you and holding you!

Daddy-Daughter Time:)

Still crossing your sweet little feet:)

Nighty Night Annie-Buds:)

2 comments:

  1. Ah I love her! Cutest little feet you ever did see. This is the sweetest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww so sweet! She looks like she is getting bigger. I love her little chubby cheeks. Praying that you will get to hold her more often and for lots of miracles!
    Ps I said that the dress was from Michelle but I meant Barbie. Sorry if I was completely confusing you! Can't wait to see cute little Annie in it!

    ReplyDelete