Monday, April 7, 2014

Happy 1 month!

Dear Annie,

Happy one month Birthday! That was a quick month full of many emotions! But how grateful I am for you to be here!

This weekend was General Conference for the church. And I have to say sweetheart, I prayed and prayed for comfort of the talks by our beloved prophet and leaders to teach me what I need to hear in my life right now. So many answers were given to me. Many talking about comfort and how there can be situations in life where we make not understand why things are happening to us but that we should be thankful and have an "attitude of gratitude" in tough situations. How grateful I am for you! You have been a wonderful blessing.

Yesterday as your dad and I were heading up to my parents cabin, I told your dad that these past few days I kept getting a certain feeling. I kept feeling like maybe you were sent down here not just for your daddy and I but mostly for your little brothers and sisters. Annie, YOU are going to be such a blessing to our family. You are going to keep your brothers and sisters strong in the Gospel. There will be times they will have to defend you- and I know that because of you and your sweet, and perfect spirit, they will be such strong members of the church with beautiful testimonies because of you. I have always been worried about the way your dad and I would raise our children. But I know that you will always be the example in our family and keep us going in the direction our Heavenly Father. How grateful I am that you were sent to your dad and me. You are such a wonderful and special daughter of God. And I know that through out your life, you will touch many peoples lives.

There hasn't been much change these past few days in the NICU. You still have been having your episodes where you start moving your arms and legs, tense up, stop breathing, and then start breathing very fast. As we thought these may have been seizures last week, they officially confirmed that they are not. A muscular doctor will be coming in this week to do an EMG on you. Which is a muscular test to see if these motions and contractures that you have are muscle spasms, or something to do both with your brain and muscles. We are hoping and praying that we will get SOME type of answers this week! As far as putting a trach in you, it probably won't happen for a couple of more weeks. But hopefully/maybe this muscular doctor will be able to find something and know how to cure it! Even though that's very very slim, I still have HOPE!

Holding your "batons" to stretch out those hands and fingers of yours!:)

Daddy comforting you:)




Eyes wide open!:)


The cute people put a "Happy 1 Month Birthday" sign on the wall for you!



Sweetheart, I love you so much. I truly pray for you all of the time. And I know so many people pray for you. I hope you keep growing healthy and strong so that someday you may be able to come home to your mommy and daddy. We both love you so much and are so grateful and blessed to have you in our lives. You have taught us love, gratitude, to be selfless, happiness, and so much more! I can't wait to see you tomorrow because the nurse said she put an actual OUTFIT on you which is a FIRST! I bet you look adorable! I love you sweetheart! Sleep well!

Love,

Mommy


0 comments:

Post a Comment