Thursday, March 5, 2015

1 Year

Dear Annie,

A year ago today was an ordinary day. I was 33 weeks pregnant and was showing quite a bit. I remember waking up that morning having enough energy to go on a run around the Provo Temple. Looking back now, I feel like Heavenly Father directed me to run around the temple grounds vs. going to the gym and running on the treadmill for a reason. I think he was trying to get me somewhat spiritually ready for what was to come that evening and for the next year.

Through out the day, I remember feeling a little sick and not myself. We were living down in Provo at the time and I was at your Grandma Janie's helping set up a shower. I had called the Doctor's to say that I wasn't feeling well and they said to call later if I kept feeling sick. As the shower was going on, I knew that something wasn't right. I remember going and asking my dad (your Grandpa Steve) if he would give me a blessing. I just needed to feel comfort in knowing that everything would be okay. A while had past after the blessing, and I still was getting the feeling that something was wrong. I called the Doctors yet another time, and they said that I should probably go into labor and delivery. Your dad had just gotten home from work when the nurse told me to go in. And to the hospital we went.

I remember being nervous but not expecting to have you come as soon as you did. I really didn't want to go to the hospital and get an answer that nothing was wrong and I was just having small contractions. Well Annie, that wasn't the case! I was effaced 90% and dilated to a 2. At 33 weeks, that is in no way normal. They realized that I had a lot more amniotic fluid that I should have had and so my body was tricking me to go into labor. The reason I had so much amniotic fluid (we would find out the following day), is because you weren't swallowing it.

That evening, your dad and I had no clue what the following day would be throwing at us, but how grateful I am for the Holy Ghost in prompting me to go to the hospital. I am beyond grateful for the love that your daddy has shown me, he is one amazing man. And as I write these letters to you, and relive these experiences - some, sad and some good, I am so grateful that I have written them to you! You are missed everyday! And as we celebrate your first Birthday tomorrow, I know that you will be there with us, only in spirit - free of pain and happy as can be! I cannot wait wait for that day when I can hold you in my arms and smile, laugh, hug, kiss, and talk to you! I love you baby girl! Families are forever!

Love,

Mommy


Your sweet daddy got me flowers today:) Boy do I love your dad!

1 comments:

  1. Basically the note that Sam left you with the flowers melted my heart. You guys are amazing and prayers and love are with you!

    ReplyDelete