Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Six Months... Half a Year

Dear Annie,

Oh goodness... today has been weird and hard for me to process; it has now come to the point where you have been in Heaven for half of a year now. As I type this letter to you and look at the walls with your pictures hanging, I miss you so much. I yearn for the day to come where I will be able to hold you in my arms again, but in perfect form. These past six months (and since the day you were born), my testimony on eternal families has grown a tremendous amount.

Last month your dad and I got the privilege to share our testimonies on the "hope through our journey". It was the first time I spoke about you in public since your funeral. It was so nice to be able to share my thoughts of how I felt and what our journey was like through having you and how strong you made your dad and me as parents. One thing I wanted to share with you that I said was, this story:
"I remember when Annie was born, I knew we were in for quite the roller coaster. Everyday I would kneel down and pray to my Heavenly Father pleading that everything would be okay. I would read these miraculous stories of Jesus healing the blind, healing the sick, and raising the dead. I wanted a miracle like this for my sweet Annie so badly, so I prayed for a miracle numerous times a day. But every time I prayed, I would only get a sweet feeling of comfort knowing that everything would be okay; only I knew that the "okay" I was feeling, meant that my Annie-girl would soon leave this earth and return to our Heavenly father, and I would have to wait to raise her [until the next life]. It was so hard for me to accept what Heavenly Father wanted and I brushed it off for a while. But as Annie started getting worse and worse, the feeling got stronger and stronger. Through hope comes faith, we must have faith in all things in order to live a positive life. So, through faith, I knew everything would be okay. Knowing that Annie was going to soon leave Sam and I for a short while, I knew through faith that it was what our Heavenly Father wanted and what Annie needed..."

Annie, as I miss you so very much, I know that my faith is what has helped me know that I will see you again. Even though it is hard each day, and even harder some days, I know that you are always watching over your dad and me. You have brought so much joy into our lives even with you physically not here. You have made us become stronger, better, and more faithful people. Our Heavenly Father loves us, knows us, and wants us to be happy - that is one thing that I tell myself each day. I know that our Heavenly Father lives, and that he watching over us. I know that you are watching over us too and checking up on us. You are constantly in my mind and as I miss holding your sweet little body, I know you are happy and free doing the work that needs to be done up in heaven. Please know how much I love you and miss you. I will see you soon my baby girl.

Love,

Mommy

Just all bundled up! Miss this <3
Visiting you on New Years!



2 comments:

  1. Your faith continues to amaze me! You are one strong lady and I am so grateful to know you and learn from you daily! Thanks Jess :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Your story has made me evaluate our faith and make changes. I think of you and Sam often and pray the memories you have warm your heart.

    ReplyDelete